Growing Tree Legacy
- Infants follow a daily schedule of stimulating experiences
- Families work with the school to create a personalized program that meets the unique needs of their child
- Infants have their own playground and indoor gym with soft surfacing and customized motor toys!
- Toddlers will develop social competency and learn to enhance their self-regulatory skills through a variety of structured activities
- Toddlers will be encouraged to discover the world around them through playful experiences
- Toddlers will start to become active members of their classroom, welcoming their day together, learning together, exploring together, and being responsible for cleaning up after play times and mealtimes
- Children will be engaged in morning circle time
- Students actually start learning letters! Zoo-phonics® uses animals drawn in the shapes of the letters for ease in memory. A related body movement is given for each letter. This concrete approach cements the sounds to the shapes of the letters.
- In preschool, we focus on the development of empathic thinking, strengthening self-help & cooperation skills, as well as increasing the children’s involvement and level of responsibility for themselves
- Preschool children will now be responsible for classroom jobs. These daily jobs will help children to develop a sense of responsibility for themselves, their peers, and their classroom
- Our Preschool program uses a handwriting program based off of over twenty-five years of success with Handwriting Without Tears, a research-based handwriting program for preschoolers. This program uses music, movement, and multi-sensory manipulatives to teach core readiness skills including crayon grip, letter and number recognition, number and capital letter formation, and body awareness.
- Growing Tree North's Pre-Kindergarten program is of the highest quality: specifically designed to ensure our preschoolers are not only ready for kindergarten, but also successful in advancing grade levels
- Learning is everywhere in our Pre-Kindergarten classrooms. Children work in small groups, exploring high interest-activity centers such as, reading, block building, or handwriting & art. Each classroom has a strong sense of purpose, organization, and excitement as our highly qualified teachers ignite curiosity with high level questions
- Pre-Kindergarten children will be involved in a variety of month-long author studies! Author studies are a great way to purposefully enjoy literature while highlighting admired children’s authors and illustrators
- Using Reading A-Z, a leveled reading program used in nearly half of the school districts nationwide, our children begin in the early stages of reading learning fluency, phonological awareness, sight words, and vocabulary